Heal the Planet
We are proud to have earned a GOLD MEDAL in the Resource Wise sustainable merchant program and in 2018 were awarded their PEAK OF SUSTAINABILITY award for achieving the highest sustainability score program wide. Some of our unique environmental practices include:
- Advanced fermentation technology that allows us to use up to 90% less waste water and 95% less sanitation agents than the average winery;
- Our grape waste is donated to a company which uses it to make probiotics and fertilizer, eliminating the need for wasteful landfill dumping;
- Our Gold Creek Vineyard is one of the few entirely off-grid wineries in the world using exclusively solar power for all electrical needs.
- We control fermentation temperature by using snow and our extreme alpine location rather than artificial cooling systems.
- We recycle all glass, cardboard and even Styrofoam from all of our locations. We established the first cork recycling program in the Front Range and donate our corks to the Recork program and to local artists who use them to create beautiful works of art. Bring us any used natural corks and we will recycle them for you at no cost.
- Our Breckenridge Tasting Room has been inspected and certified by the High Country Conservation Center for environmentally friendly facilities, practices and policies including energy efficient LED lighting and energy efficient windows, doors and other features.
- We promote ridesharing and public transportation as a means of reducing the carbon footprint of your visit. Click here for information on free public transportation to our Breckenridge tasting room.